Tuesday, July 28 2009
Proverbs 24:16b- For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again.
Yesterday Mike Vick was conditionally reinstated into the NFL. It would be safe to say that his mistakes which were terrible and has cost him dearly. He lost his freedom for almost 2 years. Millions of dollars and his reputation. Many are debating on if he deserves another chance after his mistakes. I don't plan on casting any stones at anybody. I am so thankful I serve a God who will forgive and still bless, even after a mistake. It is good that man does not have a heaven or hell to put us in. It light of the subject of mistakes, I want to give you some wisdom to birth purpose after you make a mistake.
#1. The first Key to birthing purpose is to have a Revelation about mistakes.
The question is not will you make a mistake. But, what you will do when you do make a mistake? As you pursue purpose in your marriage, relationships, career, as a entrepreneur and in your calling there will be mistakes made .
Ø Mistakes become the birthing ground for wisdom and wealth if you learn from them and handle them the proper way ----- Example: This is how Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. He discovered what did not work each time he made a mistake.
Ø Mistakes become a catalyst for creativity in our lives.
Example: White out was birthed because someone made an abundance of errors while typing. Post-it notes because someone made a mistake and made glue that was not strong enough.
From the broken,battered and bruised places of your life can emerge bountiful blessings if you to do the right thing when you make a mistake.
#2. Genesis 3:11, 12 - Take Responsibility for your mistakes.
Ø Don't blame others and pass the buck. The first thing is you must do is acknowledge that you made a mistake in your actions, your judgment or in your assumptions.
Ø Take ownership for your part and your response to the situation ------ This is crucial to know because it is easier to point the finger or blame someone else than it is to point the finger at yourself and get better.
Ø Taking responsibility is how you find God and gold in a negative situation. You also must start laying the ground work to prevent from making a similar mistake in the future. I hope Mike Vick doesn't go the way of Pac Man Jones and wastes his second chance.
Ø It is easy to take responsibility for sinful mistakes. But it takes maturity to take responsibility for mistakes of wisdom, judgment, preparation, implementation and follow-up.
#3. Romans 3:23 - Realize your mistake is not the end of the world.
Ø We are all human (that's why we need the blood) it washes and erases our mistakes in the eyes of God. We serve a God who specializes in taking a mess and making a message out of it.
Ø Our aim should be to strive for perfection. However, when we make a mistake we should learn from them, grow from them and not to make the same mistake again.
Ø Because you are human, you will make a mistake at sometime in the future as a spouse, parent, business owner, employee, leader, friend, relative, child of God, or church member.
Ø In order to arise after a mistake and not go down in demise ,you must have a positive, optimistic outlook. This is why some arise and some go down in demise. They do not rebound, because of the mistake, but because of their outlook and actions as a result of the mistake.
Ø A positive optimistic out look says, "This mistake is not a sign of my end, but a sign of a new beginning in my walk with God, My relationship, My career, My business, My ministry, My Destiny!"
Acts 9:1-6 The mistake identified to Paul on the road to
Matthew 27:1-5 - If you do not find the positive in your mistake, no matter how painful it may be, this is what will happen. Like Judas you will compound, escalate and by your actions terminate any new life that God wanted to bring forth in spite of the mistake that you made.
Ø Peter and Paul both made mistakes but they did not compound their mistakes like Judas did. Say these words outloud "My mistakes will serve as a launching pad for new levels and new beginnings in my life.
I am excited for you. Get ready for a new beginning!
Question: What should Mike Vick do now after his terrible mistake? Talk to me.
Thursday, July 23 2009
Very busy and exciting day. I love living in purpose. You can now visit our website and click Podcasts and Video Ministry and for FREE hear my teachings online,download them to your mp3 player, computer, cell phone, pda and subscribe to our podcast through Itunes. Make as many copies as you like just do not sell them. I want the Word that God has given me to get in as many ears as possible.
I recently starting taking a multivitamin. I feel more energized than I have in the last year. Feel like I did 10 years ago. I did not take vitamins because I believed because I ate fruits, vegetables and exercised regulary, I had know need for them. That belief caused me many weary and fatigued filled days. Special thanks to my good friends Pastor D. Howard and P. Cornelius for encouraging me to do so. Similiarly our beliefs play a pivotal role in us reaching our destiny and living in victory.
MARK 9:23 In order to fulfill Destiny you must understand the Power
Of your BELIEFS
Let's look at some things that you must know about beliefs
1. Beliefs are the flood gate that opens your life to the supernatural power of God.
2. Prov 23:7 - limiting beliefs shut you down and chain you down.
3. Wrongs beliefs shut down your God given ability. It is like someone following an outdated or wrong map.
4. Beliefs affect the quality of your life.
5. They affect the success that you have (because you operate out of that framework).
6. They affect what you are willing to try & not try.
7. They keep you from giving 100%
8. They affect how you perceive, treat and relate to people, therefore your beliefs affect how people treat you.
9. Beliefs are the breeding ground for miracles---Man I like that one. I am getting excited while typing this blog. Somebody reading this needs to get ready for a miracle. For I can hear you in the spirit saying "Lord I Believe"
Therefore, If you are serious about fulfilling your destiny and recognize the power of your beliefs. Do the following:
#1. List your beliefs ??" For example: A. I believe people are__________; B.church people are___________ C. life is________ D. my family is ________ E. I am_________
(Too old, too young, not smart enough, don't have enough ability, contacts, a failure, ugly, fat)
#2. Now beloved after you list your beliefs, examine them.
Ø Ask yourself do they line up with the Word of God?
Ø Are they stereotypes?
Ø Are they true or just based on a bad experience?
# 3. After that if they are not beliefs that empower you and line up with the Word.
Ø Ask God to help you change and adjust your beliefs
Ø For example you can change I am too young--- (to youth is energy & power)
Ø Change I am too old---- (to age is maturity and experience)
Ø Change I don't have enough education---- (to I have a PhD in results and I have revelation, inspiration and determination) You cannot learn these things in the classrooms or halls of academia.
Ø Change I don't have enough money---- (to I have all the money I need & that I am willing to commit myself to get and believe God for) Never forget that God has a supply for every need you have. If you have a need God has a supply.
Question for today: What are some destructive beliefs that have you observed in today's society? What is the cure for them?
Tuesday, July 21 2009
1. This is my first blog post. I am excited about being able to share with believers revelation and inspiration to help them reach their full potential in God.
2. I spend the last couple of hours planning some exciting things for this upcoming bible school year for NLBS. Will be contacting our first guess speaker for our first telephonic class for the Global School of the Holy Spirit. I am looking for God to do some great things.
3. I taught the congregation on Sunday that it is imperative that we change our I CAN'T into CANS, I can, I can, yes I can. Remember the children of Israel could not reach their promise land because that could not change WE CAN'T into WE CAN, like Joshua and Caleb wanted them to.
4. Individuals that you see now that are experiencing any level of victory and success in their lives. They at one point in their lives felt the words I CAN'T??? rising in the heart, ringing in their ears and seeking to be released from their mouth-- I CAN'T??? I know there are some exceptions---but the rule is that most successful people at one point felt like they just could not.
5. Now let's look at today how to change your I can't into I can. It is found in the words that Jesus spoke in Mark 9:23. If you can believe,all things are possible to him that believes. Your impossibilities become possibilities when you believe that you can. Your beliefs open you to the anointing, wisdom and supernatural power of God.
6. Three things to start believing you can do today: #1 You can do whatever God has put in your heart to do. #2 You can reach your destiny fulfill purpose and change your world. #3 You can successful play any hand that life deals you and win.! (Remember you are not playing by your self. You have and awesome partner in Almighty God.)
7. What area in your life did the Lord help you change I CAN'T CANS? I can, I can, yes i can? How did you do it? Look forward to your responses.